Saturday 13 July 2013

Where To Find Design Inspiration As A Graphic Designer / Animator




 Finding inspiration can sometimes be difficult for graphic designer and animator. Sometimes you find yourself in a situation where it’s so difficult to create something new, creative and beautiful for others to marvel at. These times are what I call the Stormy times. In such times, finding an inspiring place to draw inspiration from is necessary as the air we breathe.  i discovered this while working at ovatising.  So to prevent this stormy times, I joined various Graphic designing and animation social networks to help me draw inspiration from great designers and animators in the world.
Below are lists of websites where great designers and animators share their works for others to follow.  I recommend these sites for you if you really want to learn from others within your profession. The lists are as follows

I believe in Advertising is a website that displays adverts and designs from various Advertising Agencies. Works of these people are very conceptual and an inspiration for people interested in advertising, copy writing for ads etc. Every time I need to boost my conceptual abilities, I go to this website for inspiration. I recommend it greatly to every advertiser, graphic designer or conceptual photography anywhere in the world. 

·        Behance
Behance is a great website for artists to showcase their work. For the most part, it is geared more towards “art” rather than things like gig posters or branding. If that is more of what you are looking for, a quick search will give you tons of great things to help inspire your next project. I discovered a this website from a great website called “Play 4 the World”. I followed up to behance and was glad I did. I recommend it to you too.

·        Ova – Tutorials
I recommend this website to every one interested in learning more about designing, motion graphics and video editing and effects. It’s my personal website but has great works to inspire you as a designer, video editor, website template designer, motion graphic artist etc. Ova-tutorials is a small designing website but has a lot to offer to great designers in the world.

·        Pinterest
Pinterest is one of the popular image sharing websites in the world. Many have used this platform to display their works to the world. Examples include fashion designers, fine artists, photographers, industrialists, architects, etc. it is a fun place to share all the greatest works in your portfolio. As a designer, Just take a quick look at the Design category or the Poster and Illustration category and you will find a wellspring of graphic design inspiration. I love  a lot of Social networking sites but Pinterest is definitely  one of my favorite websites! I really love it.

·        Louicage Graphic Art
I love this website so much as graphic and photo manipulation artist. It’s a small site but has great works to inspire graphic designers and photo manipulation artists. It was recommended to me by a friend in College and after completing, I still go to this website whenever I need great inspiration while designing. Check it out, you will love it.  

·        DSPN (Design Inspiration)
I discovered this website from the same site I saw Behance website link on. Dspn is also a small website, but full of great graphic design inspiration! The whole website has a very classy photo gallery style (a lot like Pinterest). It is full of really awesome material and another one of my favorites!

·        Aniboom
I recommend this site to animators who want to meet great animators all over the world. Aniboom has an attractive interface and very easy to navigate. I mostly go to this website when I’m looking for something to inspire me in my animation journey. I recommend it to all animators. It’s a cool site

AWN is a platform for animators all over the world. AWN provides animation news, articles and links for animators and animation fans. The first time I visited this website, I marveled at works of animators around the world. I realized I had a lot to learn in my animation and motion graphic journey. I found a lot of mentors to inspire me in my stormy times. It’s a great website and I recommend it to every animator out there.
These are my favorite sites for my graphic designing and animation inspiration. You may have websites you draw inspiration from. But I think it will be great to visit this website. So any time you find yourself under any stormy weather, try visiting these sites for inspiration. Designers and animators in the above sites keep updating their works every time. So you are assured to see great works every time you visit.
For more information about Ovatising, follow us on our various social network pages for more information. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube .........  Thanks

1 comment:

  1. This is an intresting blogging that you have posted, you provides a lot of points about web designer,make a logo,create a logo.Which is extremely helpful for all of us.Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete